Reflecting: Today marks two years since my son was diagnosed with MS.
Things I’ve learned having chronic illness in the home.
- Pick your battles. There are many. You can’t fight them all. Don’t try to…save your energy for the ones that matter most.
- Have patience with people. You aren’t the only one in crisis. Everyone has something going on in their lives. You just can’t see it.
- It’s okay to not be at church every Sunday. It won’t happen. Don’t expect others to understand. Most won’t. God knows your heart and your situation. They don’t. And it’s okay.
- Don’t blame yourself. You didn’t cause it. You didn’t make it happen. This is life. Sometimes it stinks. Find the good. Release the bad. Remember to breathe.
- Don’t expect life to return to normal. It won’t. Find a new normal. Cherish the good days. Pray through the bad. Praise God through them all. He didn’t change. Life did.